- Contract role, with potential extension or conversion to a permanent role
- First hire in APAC
- Well renowned social media company
You will be part of a technical writing team responsible for the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of developer-focused content for internal technologies. You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This means sometimes you are documenting something yourself, sometimes you are editing contributed content from someone else, and other times you are fixing and reorganizing existing documentation. In addition, you may also have opportunities to do some coding and project management for various documentation requests.
- Create and maintain internal documentation for technologies and tools used within the company.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you create and develop.
- Design, write, and edit technical and process documentation.
- Create and maintain code sample fragments and sample apps.
- Basic knowledge of programming
- Write and test simple sample code
- Read and understand sample code
- BA/BS degree in computer science, technical writing or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for a developer audience.
- 2+ years experience with a programming language such as JS, Java, PHP, Python, etc.
- Experience writing, proofreading and editing.
- Experience producing and organizing content with a logical flow.
- Experience with authoring tools and technologies such as XML, HTML, Markdown, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience programming, using the command-line, trying out user interfaces, and working with prototype hardware in test environments.
- Experience meeting multiple deadlines.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.
IT & Digital
- S$3500.00 - S$5000.00 per month
IT & Digital