DOI Scaled Enforcement Contractor - APAC Region
- 12 months contract role
- Well known social media company
Our client's Dangerous Organizations and Individuals (DOI) Policy team is seeking a contractor for a 12-month project to help with improving their detection and enforcement against violent and extremist organizations and individuals, with a focus on the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. Specific areas of focus include India, Pakistan, Philippines, Myanmar, and Indonesia. Successful candidates will think strategically about the threat of dangerous groups and individuals and how they manifest and evolve on social media platforms. They will use their language skills and regional expertise to work with Policy, Ops, and Product colleagues to identify gaps and implement solutions that will improve detection and enforcement at scale.
This role may involve exposure to potentially graphic and/or objectionable content including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other potential objectionable material.
- Gather insights from internal DOI stakeholders to understand the current gaps in our enforcement tools, and potential avenues for improvement
- Develop an understanding of how our scaled-enforcement tools work and intersect with each other (e.g. content matching system, scaled detection tools, content moderator-assistance tools)
- Use internal tools, as well as investigative and red-teaming techniques, to surface violating content and profiles that are under-enforced on by our current detection and enforcement tools
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of current detection methods based on discovered violating content
- Effectively communicate those opportunities and generate buy-in to implement solutions with XFN partners
- Quantitatively measure the detection and/or enforcement-based impact of those improvements and report results to the XFN
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in public policy, terrorism studies, international relations, political science or related field
- Has 1-3 years of professional experience, preferably within an operations, data, academia, or policy environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience in counter-terrorism, counter-violent extremism, countering organized crime, national security, or foreign policy with a focus on Asia-Pacific region
- Working proficiency in at least one of the following critical languages: Hindi, Urdu, Pashto, Bengali, Indonesian, or other major regional language(s)
- Knowledge of how APAC-based extremist groups abuse social media platforms and evade detection and enforcement efforts
- MA, JD, or LLM degree in public policy, terrorism studies, international relations, political science or related field
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.