- 12 months contract role
This job is as much about discovering, understanding and synthesizing as it is about planning for, executing and delivering the projects across the finishing line in a timely and efficient manner. We need someone who's unafraid to quickly learn the needs, desires, and contexts of the team's priorities so that they can use their design superpowers to empower the team to deliver what's required. If you're ok with that, then here's a sense of what we'd ask of you -
- Design graphics, templates, and materials. Regardless of their form, the designs must have a common visual language, tell clear stories, and build memorable mental models. The content won't come from thin air, as we have ready access to writers and subject matter experts. Bonus points if you're a follower of Edward Tufte's work on information design.
- Design a common visual language for our learning materials. The materials must tell great stories - ones that are clear, concise, cogent, and coherent. Further, they must build memorable mental models that learners can readily access and apply to real-world situations. This requires someone who's a force of nature to make it happen as our client seeks to standardise visual language across nine business units.
- Develop (and deliver) novel learning programmes. We are a great fan of Design Thinking disciplines. These disciplines represent new ways of working that can help transform and empower agents and leaders to build the right skills, mindsets and behaviours. This requires keen communications design to position these innovative approaches, distill and redesign the rich content, in a way that resonates with our client's agencies, using powerful infographics and graphical illustrations to create an enriching and engaging learning experience for the agents.
- Collaborate and manage the Content Library. Every month, the project team creates fresh sets of digital goodies for business units across the region. These assets have been painstakingly crafted and deserve a home. You will help to contribute to the library and ensure that all that hard work is kept safe.
- Manage designers. Our client has a small team of remote designers that require the occasional check-in to ensure delivery timelines are met. They're an easy-going, no-fuss bunch. You will be their touchpoint to the Big Picture and ensure deliverables are being churned out on time.
- Identify and manage potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects. The team will often face potential challenges that will distract and draw resources to other ad-hoc requests. It is key to make effective and firm decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the priorities at hand.
- Perform quality control to maintain the standards expected. The project team is agile and things move like lightning speed. Everyone has the onus to make sure quality is consistently maintained on the project throughout development. The team needs an extra pair of sharp eyes that is great at spotting details and oversights.
We are considering candidates from all backgrounds with a mix of these talents:
- Conductor. You can get an orchestra to play, even if doesn't want to. You can manage projects and marshal the essential functions of bureaucracy - and its cast of characters - to deliver results.
- Synthesizer. You can tame the beast of chaos and complexity. You can balance logic with creativity, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications. You can see the big picture before putting all the puzzles together.
- Juggler. You are a great multi-tasker that can manage multiple projects at one time. Nothing fazes you amongst the external chaos. Your calm demeanor helps see beyond the tangled web and takes charge of what's needed to get things done.
- Sketcher. You have no qualms sketching or doodling, and are quick to pick up a pen, pencil, or whiteboard marker to communicate visually. You know the act of building out an idea into a concrete form is the best way to 'think out loud'.
- Designer. You emphasize on bringing ideas to life based on how real users think, feel and behave. You have good taste. You know your way around Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, PPT, or whatever works best for you.
- Storyteller. You can tell a story - visually. People pay attention to you because your designs help them make sense of a messy world.
- Quality Controller. You have an eye for detail. You might even be a bit of a perfectionist. Catching typos, awkward formatting, or infractions of branding guidelines gives you joy. You notice when things slip through the cracks and don't hesitate to jump in to help the team maintain high quality standards.
- Cheerleader. You rally the team and ensure everyone performs their best as can be. We recognize that there will be ups and downs, but your charisma, with your optimistic and fearless attitude will motivate and inspire the team to achieve greater things.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.
IT & Digital
- S$8000.00 - S$11000.00 per month
- S$6000.00 - S$8000.00 per month
Accounting & Finance
- S$8000.00 - S$10000.00 per month
- S$6000.00 - S$7000.00 per month